Saturday, December 06, 2008
Monday, December 01, 2008
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Monday, November 03, 2008
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Friday, October 17, 2008
Monday, September 15, 2008
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Monday, September 08, 2008
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Friday, June 27, 2008
Monday, June 23, 2008
Saturday, June 14, 2008
Monday, June 09, 2008
Sunday, June 08, 2008
Tuesday, June 03, 2008
- Delegate tasks to capable others.
- Simplify and unclutter your life.
- Less is more. (Although one is often not enough, two are often too many.)
- Allow extra time to do things and to get to places.
- Pace yourself. Spread out big changes and difficult projects over time; don't lump the hard things all together.
- Take one day at a time.
- Separate worries from concerns . If a situation is a concern, find out what God would have you do and let go of the anxiety . If you can't do anything about a situation, forget it.
- Live within your budget; don't use credit cards for ordinary purchases.
- K.M.S. (Keep Mouth Shut). This single piece of advice can prevent an enormous amount of trouble.
- Get organized so everything has its place.
- Write down thoughts and inspirations.
- Every day, find time to be alone.
- Having problems? Talk to God on the spot. Try to nip small problems in the bud.Don't wait until it's time to go to bed to try and pray.
- Make friends with Godly people.
- Take your work seriously, but not yourself at all.
- Develop a forgiving attitude (most people are doing the best they can).
- Be kind to unkind people (they probably need it the most).
- Sit on your ego.
- Talk less; listen more.
- Slow down.
- Remind yourself that you are not the general manager of the universe.
- Every night before bed, think of one thing you're grateful for that you've never been grateful for before. GOD HAS A WAY OF TURNING THINGS AROUND FOR YOU.
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Thursday, May 08, 2008
- Anger is a condition in which the tongue works faster than the mind .
- You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying over the future!
- God always gives His best to those who leave the choice with Him.
- All people smile in the same language.
- Everyone needs to be loved... especially when they do not deserve it.
- The real measure of a man's wealth is what he has invested in eternity.
- Laughter is God's sunshine.
- Everyone has beauty but not everyone sees it.
- It's important for parents to live the same things they teach.
- Thank God for what you have, TRUST GOD for what you need.
- If you fill your heart with regrets of yesterday and the worries of tomorrow, you have no today to be thankful for.
- Man looks at outward appearance but the God looks within.
Saturday, April 26, 2008
Deep, dark, breezy night
Me and your memories…
Well thanks to Janice and Andrew who inspired me a lot to write such phrases. From my personal diary today for the very first time I am sharing something like that here at my blog just to test as per your responses that to what extend I am right and succeeded in writing such phrases..
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Life is too fast these days hardly people can spare time for each other. Career and individual success is more important then anything else in life. Feelings, family, relationships, everything comes after money and career. By this I did not mean that everyone is same but to compete and survive in such scenario whether anyone want or not but they have to be like this not completely may be but to an extent at least.
If we look into deeply the consequences of this then we’ll get to know that the rising rate of depression, loneliness, tensions, and many other psychological n mental problems is somewhere this way of life style too. We have lost true happiness from our life infect today hardly people know the true meaning of happiness n success. Everyone is running after meaningless & for a time being success that bring them smiles just for few moments but if these so called successful people look into deep in their hearts n life they’ll get to know that how empty they are from inside, how alone they are that they don’t have any true, pure relationship in their life to celebrate or cry with them… I wish we understand this before its too late and true relationships n happiness totally vanish from this world...
Loads of prayers n love for everyone..
Wednesday, April 09, 2008
Dr. Martin Seligman, father of the positive psychology movement and author of more than a dozen books (including Learned Optimism: How to Change Your Mind and Your Life), says that "happiness-building exercises" can increase contentment because they can change a person's memory and perception of the past. To boost your own happiness factor, consider these three thanks-giving techniques:Exercise One
Try this every night, either in written form or as a mental exercise. Ask yourself what three things happened in your day for which you feel blessed, thankful and grateful. Then (this part is crucial) ask yourself what you did to make each good thing happen. Do this faithfully, and you’ll discover a shift in the way you go through your day, as well as the things that you choose to notice and amplify. When lying in bed at night if unfinished business pulls at your thoughts, ask yourself, “When was I at my best today?” or "What three things went right today and what did I do to make those good things happen?"Results: Often people are unaware of their own role in good fortune. For example, someone cannot make a beautiful sunset, but they can choose to take it in (or not). This exercise is so simple it may feel a bit silly to many. However, what we find is that when people do the exercise, they are LESS depressed and much happier one month later, three months later and six months later. Dr. Seligman adds, "I now find myself during the day looking for things I can think about before I go to sleep. So I go around processing the day for things that will be fun to call up to mind at It seems to change memory, attention and the way you go through the day."
Set aside a block of time-an hour, a half-day or a full day, to indulge in your favorite activities. Block that time on your calendar and do not let anything interfere. Next, carry out the activities just as you had planned. Savor each activity by deliberately concentrating on each moment and being thankful for it, by taking mental pictures or collecting physical souvenirs, by focusing on sharpening your perceptions and by attaining complete absorption in the activity, then sharing those moments later with others.
Results: This exercise is a pleasure/mindfulnes
Pass along the happiness ... think about the various aspects of life beyond yourself that would be thankful or benefit from the gift of your time and talents. Develop a plan for intentionally using one or more of your strengths in the service of this institution, group of people or idea.
Results: Meaning is defined as 'being attached to something that you believe is larger than yourself' ... like groups of underprivileged people, or ideals that you believe are worth fighting for. While it might be powerful to analyze service which you are already engaged in, the point of this exercise is to go beyond that to the intentional creation and execution of a new plan of strengths-based service.
Monday, April 07, 2008
Why would you want to be someone else
When you could be better by being yourself
Why pretend to be someone you are not
When you have something they haven't got
Cheating yourself of the life you have to live
Deprives others of that only which you can give
You have much more to offer by being just you
Than walking around in someone else's shoes
Trying to live the life of another is a mistake
It is a masquerade; no more than a fake
Be yourself and let your qualities show through
Others will love you more for being just you
Remember that God loves just as you are
To Him you are already a bright shining star
Family and friends will love you more too
If you spent time practicing just being you
(Author: Ellen Bailey)
Friday, April 04, 2008
Although the doctor tried desperately to save the crushed bones, he finally had to amputate the fingers from both the boy's hands. When the boy woke up from the surgery & saw his bandaged stubs, he innocently said, 'Daddy, I'm sorry about your truck.' Then he asked, 'but when are my fingers going to grow back?' The father went home & committed suicide.
Think about this story the next time someone steps on your feet or you wish to take revenge. Think first before you lose your patience with someone you love. Trucks can be repaired.. Broken bones & hurt feelings often can't. Too often we fail to recognize the difference between the person and the performance. We forget that forgiveness is greater than revenge.
Wednesday, April 02, 2008
Friday, March 14, 2008
World beyond you...
We human beings are so self-centered and mean at times. Whenever we have to face any problem or any tension in life we feel like that we are the only one in this whole world who is in that much pain n trouble and we start thinking negatively and complaining God, forgetting about all His help and whatever He have gifted us already. But if we just look around and see others in trouble we’ll realize that we are in much better condition and we’ll be thankful to God rather then complaining Him.
I was quite depressed and down since last few days but yesterday I was talking to one of my friend and while discussing something she told me about her another friend who got married 2 years back and now a mother of a few months baby boy but unfortunately a month back doctors have diagnosed about her cancer which is in last stages now. That was a love marriage and this news totally broke and put both husband and wife in a big depression but now accepting the cruel reality that girl is insisting her husband to get married to any other girl before she died so that she can take care of him and their child. After listening all this from my friend I truly forgot about everything happening in my life and all my problems and start thanking God as I am in much better condition in comparison of many others around.
I pray deeply from my heart for the suffering couple and for all people globally facing any problem or tension in their life. May Allah bless all.
Always be thankful to God and just see around whenever you are down and tired of your problems..
Saturday, March 08, 2008
You can feel her innocence in form a Daughter,
You can feel her care in form of a Sister,
You can feel her warmth in form of a Friend,
You can feel her passion in form of a Beloved,
You can feel her dedication in a form of a Wife,
You can feel her Divinity in form of a Mother,
You can feel her Blessing in form of a Grandmother.
Yet she is Tough too…
Her heart is so Tender…
She is WOMAN
And she is LIFE!!!
To all wonderful women globally, I hope you all have a great Woman’s Day and hope you won’t forget how special you are!!
Sunday, March 02, 2008
- Be strong enough to face the world each day.
- Be weak enough to know you cannot do everything alone.
- Be generous to those who need your help.
- Be frugal with that you need yourself.
- Be wise enough to know that you do not know everything.
- Be foolish enough to believe in miracles.
- Be willing to share your joys.
- Be willing to share the sorrows of others.
- Be a leader when you see a path others have missed.
- Be a follower when you are shrouded by the mists of uncertainty.
- Be first to congratulate an opponent who succeeds.
- Be last to criticize a colleague who fails.
- Be sure where your next step will fall, so that you will not tumble.
- Be sure of your final destination, in case you are going the wrong way.
- Be happy no matter what.
- Be helpful to everyone but never expect anything in return.
- Be loving to those who love you..
- Be loving to those who do not love you; they may change.
- Above all, be yourself and always have faith in God.
Friday, February 29, 2008
Well I might sound childish but this is true that I am quite sensitive about my birthday as for me it’s a day which is purely associated with me and reminds me that how good it to be a part of this world and a family that I own. It’s a day to feel special and realize that how much important I am for people around and how much I am blessed with their love & care.
Today I like to thank to God to help me end up this one more successful, happy, healthy year of my life and I am truly grateful to God for bringing me such sweet and kind people around. I wanna express my gratitude for all my family, friends and everyone around for being a part of my life and for all their love and care which is so meaningful to me.
Loads of love & prayers,
Friday, February 22, 2008
Sunday, February 17, 2008
Well I am truly grateful to Noushy for this 'Art Award' though I don't think that my blog is that artistic & good to be rewarded but I' consider myself lucky enough to have such sweet & sincere blog friends around who understand & like to read me and always motivate and raise my morale with their encouraging words here...
Samrina.. inspiring blog that always boost my spirit and confident.Presented in a very compact but so meaningful... your words boost my morale & confident dear :) .... Thanks a lot Noushy!!
"This prize has arisen from the daily visits that I dedicate to many blogs which nourish me and enrich me with creativity. In them I see dedication, creativity, care, comradeship, but mainly, ART, much art. I want to share this prize with all those bloggers that entertain me day to day and to share this prize with those who enrich me every day. Doubtlessly, there are many and it will be hard to pick just a few, the people I will name today deserve this prize, as do the very long serious list of bloggers I also enjoy to read, but I will name the first 10 and will leave the rest of the work to all the bloggers that visit other's blogs and are nourished by them."
The rules of passing on this award are as follows:
1. post award in your own blog
2. indicate its origin and a link to the site: Arte Y Pico from Uruguay.
3. give it to 5 blogs that you enjoy.
Well it's a difficult task for me to select any 5 blogs that i like to pass on this award further as all the blogs in my list I love to read but anyhow as per the rules I am passing this award to the following 5 bloggers :
1. Margie... such a unique and simple poetess that I alway s love to read..
2. Rajji.... I love her writings & topic that she select to write on, always close to life & reality..
3. Tim.... such an impressive painter and a men with great sense of humor.
4. Andrew.... such a brilliant author who express very precisely in deep words his views & thoughts with world...
5. Eric.... its not been long that I discovered his supreme blog where he shares his life experiences and great knowledge that he owns...
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
OK, I have been tagged by Eric for this Meme, titled to be ‘Open Book’. So here are the instructions below:
1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open it at page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence/ phrase.
4. Blog the next four sentences/ phrases together with these instructions.
5. Don't you dare dig your shelves for that very special or intellectual book.
6. Pass it forward to six friends
Well like you Eric even I don’t have much reading habit and I hardly read very few recommended books by my friends around and those are mostly related to poetry, psychology, life, emotions, feelings, and topics like that.. Anyhow I have been gifted this book that I am going to talk about here which is titled to be ‘Treasury of Joy & Enthusiasm’ written by one of my all time favorite and very inspirational writer Norman Vincent Peale. I have read his few other books as well that I really liked and would love to recommend everyone around like ‘Power of Positive thinking’, ‘The new art of living’, ‘The amazing results of positive thinking’, and so on… these books are truly gems and make anyone’s life easier and happier then ever before..
Anyhow coming back to the tag here are the sentences 16-19 on page no. 123:
Naturally I wanted to know the secret, so later I asked him.
“There is no secret,” he said. “All I did was to start using that idea of taking God as your partner. Now, every day of my life I read the New Testament; it is filled to over flowing with life.”
Now lastly as per the rules I would like to pass on this tag to my following blog fellows:
Wednesday, February 06, 2008
It’s a fact that when you're worried about what you can get out of the deal, you won't get very much. Yet when you focus on what you can give, a whole universe of positive possibilities will open up to you. There is always work that needs to be done. There is always a way to make a positive contribution. There are countless ways to be of service, to be of value. And to be of value is the very best way to create value, in your own life and in the world around you.
You don't need anyone else's permission to make a positive contribution to life. All you need to do is open your eyes. It's just look around you, with a genuine sense of caring for the needs of others. In every direction, you'll see countless opportunities for making a positive difference. If you seek real confidence, richness and fulfillment, then step up, take the initiative, and be of real value. It will bring true, lasting and meaningful success.
Monday, January 28, 2008
Personally I m not that good in expressing my feelings or concern for anyone verbally and because of this people around me mostly have complains and misunderstands me and at times this thing truly hurts me & irritates me a lot… I always use to think why words are that important? Why expression is required? Why for people artificial expressions are more important then true feelings? Why cant people look into heart? Why they need a proof??
Anyhow few years back I wrote poetry that was basically in urdu on a topic ‘Feelings’ and that was actually based on my belief that true feelings don’t need any help of words or other materialistic or artificial sources to be conveyed to the other party. Gifts, words all are meaningless if your heart is empty and you are poor in your actions.. but yeah on the other hand I do accept the fact that gifts, verbal expression make life beautiful and a relationship more stronger.. but again main thing is one’s true feelings without which everything is meaningless… I wish people can understand this and at least to our close relationships we don’t need to give a proof all the time..
Saturday, January 26, 2008
- Don't underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear,
an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring,
all of which have the potential to turn a life around....
- Life ends when you stop Dreaming, Hope ends when you stop Believing,
Love ends when you stop Caring, Friendship ends when you stop Sharing...
- Every moment, every situation, every issue and every concern
has a positive side. Find it and bring it to life....
- Be Genuinely Interested in People. If you try, you can like everybody,
and Everybody will like you.....
- When you find a Dream inside your heart don't ever let it go, Dreams are the tiny seeds from which Beautiful Tomorrows Grow..
- Learn to understand first and to be understood second.
- Be Alert to give Service..... What we do for others counts most in life...
- If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours!
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Appearing as enemies on the surface, these seeming threats are our most helpful teachers on our Earth adventure. These apparent foes repeatedly demonstrate how we humans have awesome power over our fate and circumstances in life.
have nice times..
Sunday, January 20, 2008
Saturday, January 19, 2008
..wishing you all nice of timesSamrina