Thursday, October 27, 2005

FRIENDS!!!



The old man turned to me & asked
"How many friends have u?"
Why 10 or 20 friends have I,
And named off just a few....
He rose quite slow with effort
And sadly shook his head
"A lucky child U are
to have so many friends,"he said
But think of what U are saying
There is so much U do not know
A friend is not just someone
To whom U say" Hello"
A friends a tender shoulder
On which to softly cry
Awell to pour your troubles down
And raise your spirits high
A friend is a hand to pull U up
From darkness & despair...
When all your other "so called" friends
Have helped to put U there
Atrue friend is an ally
Who can't be moved or bought
Avoice to keep your name alive
When others have forgot
But most of all a friend is a heart
A strong & sturdy wall
For from hearts of friends
There comes the greatest love of all!!!
So think of what I've spoken
For every word is true
And answer once again my child
How many friends have U???
And then he stood & faced me
Awaiting my reply
Softly I answered
"If lucky ..... one have 'I'
"YOU!!!"

No comments: